TRSA is an intermediary organization that is flexible and inclusive enough to welcome all community members yet includes sufficient structure and organizational support to facilitate and coordinate the work that needs to be done. The goals of TRSA are as follows:
STEM Workforce as a Contributor to Economic Vitality
- STEM drives advancement in Oklahoma’s key industries such as aerospace, energy, manufacturing, IT and agriculture.
- National salaries for science and technology jobs average $74,958 annually which is more than twice the average current wage in Oklahoma.
- Science and technology occupations in Oklahoma are projected to produce $14.5 billion in wages by the year 2020.
The founding stakeholders of the Tulsa Regional STEM Alliance (TRSA) agreed that to succeed and deliver on its promise, the TRSA must be:
- Inclusive to ensure all impacted and concerned stakeholders would be at the table and have an equal voice.
- Flexible in scope to be able to successfully meet the identified needs in the community.
- Action-oriented and focused on getting things done.
- Accountable and able to measure the impact of the work of the TRSA.
- An advocate for STEM teaching and learning to ensure that education policy initiatives on a local, state and federal level appropriately identify the needs and deploy vital resources responsibly and effectively to ensure every student has access to the best possible STEM education.