30 minutes a day. One day a week. A lifetime of a difference.
Only 34% of TPS students are scoring proficient on the 3rd grade math OCCT. Math is the language of science, and without the basics, many students give up before Algebra, closing the door to a future in STEM.
Me & My Math Mentor gives you the chance to help students with their foundational basic math facts and set the stage for future STEM careers. Through playing math games that focus on math facts (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) students work with their mentor on their confidence and skills all with an emphasis on making math fun!
18 Students Participated
- 14/15 had an overall growth in their scaled math score
- 3 students had no baseline
- 1 remained the same
- 8 mastered their addition and subtraction facts
- 15/18 increased their overall independent reading level at least 1 level
- 18 students report an overall increase in their confidence in math
- 98% Attendance rate on M4 Days!
“Math Mentors is a powerful and meaningful partnership for our students and the mentors. The program created an opportunity for full family engagement that lead to an overall increase in all academic areas. Parents were invested, students were highly engaged, and the classroom teachers loved the additional support.”
– Lindsay Smith, Principal, Moore Elementary
Tuesday 7:15-7:45 am
Unity Learning Academy
Tuesday and Wednesday 9-10 am
Tuesday 1:30-2 pm
Dual Language Academy
Tuesday 3:45-4:15 pm
Tuesday and Thursday 4-4:30 pm
Tuesday 4:15-5 pm
Wednesday 12:15-12:55 pm
Thursday 11:45 am-12:15 pm
Ranch Heights (Bartlesville)
Thursday 12-12:30 pm