This is a four year $24,000 ($3,000 per semester award beginning the 2nd consecutive college semester) offered to the graduating seniors of the Tulsa Public Schools High Schools and Union High School. Each school will screen their students and provide the Communities Foundation of Oklahoma’s online application link to their recommendations. Requirements are as follows:
- Student must be a graduating senior
- Student must have a minimum 3.2 GPA
- Student must have a minimum overall ACT score of 24 (a minimum math sub score of 24)
- Student must pursue an engineering degree
- Strong consideration will be given to financial need. While family/guardian circumstances, such as the number of dependents who may be attending post-secondary schools will be considered, in general, a student will not be eligible if the Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) on the parent or guardian’s most recent tax return is more than $150,000. If the most recent AGI exceeds this limit, the student can apply if the AGI for the three most recent years does not exceed $450,000 combined. Student must provide copies of tax documents to verify this information.
- Prior to the first eligible semester, the scholarship may be rescinded due to lack of need if the student is awarded other significant scholarships or grants that would fully fund the student’s educational expenses (i.e., tuition, fees, room and board, and textbooks).
How to apply:
Contact your counselor if you would like to be considered by your schools screening committee.
The deadline for the recommended students to complete the online application is March 13, 2015.
If you have any questions during the application process please contact Lauren Garey at email@example.com or toll free at 1-877-689-7726.