Rube Goldberg Machine Competition
Tuesday, February 27th 5:30pm
Open to all K-12 students in Green Country
Raise an 8 1/2 ” x 11″ banner that depicts Action Toward Change
Rube Goldberg machine must:
- Fit on a 30″x40″ foam core board.
- Not involve use of glitter, paint, fire or anything that will harm animals or ImpactTulsa report attendees.
- Explicitly demonstrate use of 3 of the following simple machines:
- Display ImpactTulsa logo
Up to 20 teams will be allowed to compete in the Rube Goldberg Machine.
Requirements for participation:
- A sketch of proposed Rube Goldberg machine must be submitted to info@tulsaSTEM.org by 5:00 PM on Tuesday, February 13. Teams selected for build will be notified by Thursday, February 15 at 5:00 pm.
- Machines must be in place at the venue ready for exhibition one hour prior to beginning of event.
- A sponsor and up to 3 students/ team must attend community report event to demonstrate Rube Goldberg machine to report attendees.
- Rube Goldberg team will remove the machine and clean adjacent exhibit space after participants enter community report event.
Teams selected for the competition will be provided with a $50 stipend to cover cost of materials.
- All participating teams will receive commemorative t-shirts.
- Attendees will vote on their fan favorite of the Rube Goldberg machines. Creators of the top three Rube Goldberg machines will win a popcorn party for their class and a Rustic Cuff gift certificate for their teacher!