About AmeriCorps VISTA:
AmeriCorps VISTA members build capacity in nonprofit organizations and public agencies to help them more effectively generate the commitment of private sector resources, encourage volunteer service at the local level, and empower individuals and communities. AmeriCorps VISTA members serve full time for one-year terms.
About the Tulsa Regional STEM Alliance (TRSA):
The Tulsa Regional STEM Alliance is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to building broad, deep, and innovative STEM pathways for all students to access high-impact careers. We bring together education, higher education, informal education, philanthropy and industry partners to develop resources for teachers, families, and students.
TRSA is a member of the STEM Learning Ecosystems. This position will serve the Tulsa area as one large ecosystem, with many parts that depend upon each other.
- Update and maintain inventory for the STEM Shoppe.
- Lead monthly TRASE meeting.
- Develop process for checking out inventory.
- Develop feedback loop for users to suggest changes or new resources.
- Develop a system of best practices for STEM Shoppe Open House events.
- Collaborate with TRASE Curriculum Coordinator in updating STEM kits.
- Work with TRASE Curriculum Coordinator to design summer camps.
- Coordinate and implement system to ensure sustainability of all work.
- Living allowance
- Limited healthcare plan
- Education stipend upon completion
- Non-Competitive Eligibility for federal hiring for one year after completion of service.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Knowledge and understanding of the current STEM education landscape
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong team support, organizational, project management and time management skills
- Commitment to working within a team environment
- Flexibility to thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Consensus-building and conflict resolution skills
- Professional Attitude and Workplace Demeanor
- Proficiency with Google
- Valid Driver’s Licence and reliable transportation
- Some travel required, both local and national
- Some nights and weekends required
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org consideration.
Job Type: Full-time