Come work for us!
About AmeriCorps VISTA
AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) members bring passion and perseverance where the need is greatest: to organizations that help eradicate poverty. AmeriCorps VISTA members serve as a catalyst for change, living and working alongside community members to meet our nation’s most pressing challenges and advance local solutions.
Receive a modest bi-weekly living allowance to cover basic expenses. In keeping with AmeriCorps VISTA’s mission of fighting poverty, members recieve an allowance equal to the poverty level of the community in which they serve.
Click here to review the latest living allowance amounts by service location.
Professional Development Training
Attend training to develop your skills for community development. In addition to the basic training, service members also have access to courses, including grant writing and volunteer development, which may be used for course credit.
Non-Competitive Eligibility (NCE)
AmeriCorps VISTA is the only AmeriCorps program where you can earn federal non-competitive eligibility, giving you an edge in the federal hiring process.
End of Service Award
Choose between a Segal Education Award (valued at approximately $6,000) to pay for a range of education expenses or a $1,800 cash stipend.
The Community Engagement Coordinator is a part of a growing team to bolster STEM education in the Tulsa region. This role will collaborate with families, partners, and students to develop best practices in educational activities.
- Research effective tools for family engagement
- Assist in student programming development
- Engage with organizational partners
- Develop systems for shareable content to families and partners
- Raise awareness of educational activities for families
- Maintain partner event calendar
- Train organizational partners on best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong team support, organizational, project management and time management skills
- Commitment to working within a team environment
- Flexibility to thrive in a dynamic fast paced environment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Professional attitude and workplace demeanor
- Thrives in a role helping others
- Proficiency with Google
- Valid Driver’s Licence and reliable transportation
- Some travel required, both local and national
- Some nights and weekends required
- Be 18 years or older (no upper age limit)
- Pass a national service criminal history check
- Hold one of the following citizenship or legal residency statuses: US citizen, US National, Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card status), and persons legally residing within a state. Examples of persons legally residing within a state may include those holding the following classifications: refugee, asylee, temporary protected status throughout VISTA service, and holding Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status.
Position Reports To:
To Apply for this Job:
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, June 14, 2019