The Tulsa Regional STEM Alliance and Flight Night are honored to announce the Science of Flight Classroom Grant for Oklahoma STEM Educators.
Deadline to Apply November 1, 2020
- Awards of up to $1,000 must be used to purchase supplies to support STEM experiences in the classroom
- All applicants must be an Oklahoma Certified Teacher with at least two years teaching experience
- Must intend to remain in the education profession for at least three years
- Currently teach in PreK-12th grade
- Must demonstrate excellence in STEM education through curriculum development, student work and letters of support
This grant is currently closed. Please check back in spring 2021.
Applicants will be notified on or about December 7, 2020.
- Describe in detail how you will implement these materials/kit?
- Number of students served through use of these materials?
- How will the equipment funded through this grant be used to reach students who are currently not being reached in your community?
- How will funding through this grant be used to inspire and engage students in thinking about flight and aerospace?
- What community partners and resources will be included in this initiative? How will these partners contribute to the project?
- How are you measuring the impact of the initiative on your students?
- How will you sustain this initiative beyond this grant?
- Please upload a letter of support from an administrator.
- Please upload a supply budget including the material source and budget narrative.
Flight Kit Options:
Below are samples of flight-related materials and curriculum you might consider utilizing. You are not restricted to these items and may write a grant for other materials not listed below.
|Kit||Approximate Cost||Students Served/Kit|
|Engineering is Elementary: Marvelous Machines||$630.00||30|
|Engineering is Elementary: Designing Hand Pollinators||$325.00||30|
|Engineering is Elementary: A Long Way Down: Designing Parachutes||$360.00||30|
|Germs in Space DreamKit||$560.00||30|
|NASA’s BEST Students (Beginning Engineering, Science, and Technology) for grades K-2, 3-5, and 6-8 ***||$410.00||30|
***Materials: https://www.wardsci.com/store/product/8881798/nasa-beginning-engineering-science-and-technology-best-students-kit (or you can curate and price out the materials yourself)