The Tulsa Regional STEM Alliance and Flight Night are honored to announce the Science of Flight Classroom Grant for Oklahoma STEM Educators.
Deadline to Apply November 1, 2020
- Grant must be used to purchase supplies to support STEM experiences in the classroom
- All applicants must be an Oklahoma Certified Teacher with at least two years teaching experience
- Must intend to remain in the education profession for at least three years
- Currently teach in PreK-12th grade
- Must demonstrate excellence in STEM education through curriculum development, student work and letters of support
If you are applying for a drone kit, please use the Flight Night Drone Kit Grant application.
Funds awarded will not exceed $1,000. Applications that exceed this budget will not be considered.
November 1, 2020
Applicants will be notified on or about December 7, 2020.
- Describe in detail how you will implement these materials/kit?
- Number of students served through use of these materials?
- How will the equipment funded through this grant be used to reach students who are currently not being reached in your community?
- How will funding through this grant be used to inspire and engage students in thinking about flight and aerospace?
- What community partners and resources will be included in this initiative? How will these partners contribute to the project?
- How are you measuring the impact of the initiative on your students?
- How will you sustain this initiative beyond this grant?
- Please upload a letter of support from an administrator.
- Please upload a supply budget including the material source and budget narrative.
Flight Kit Options:
Below are samples of flight-related materials and curriculum you might consider utilizing. You are not restricted to these items and may write a grant for other materials not listed below.
|Kit||Approximate Cost||Students Served/Kit|
|Engineering is Elementary: Marvelous Machines||$630.00||30|
|Engineering is Elementary: Designing Hand Pollinators||$325.00||30|
|Engineering is Elementary: A Long Way Down: Designing Parachutes||$360.00||30|
|Germs in Space DreamKit||$560.00||30|
|NASA’s BEST Students (Beginning Engineering, Science, and Technology) for grades K-2, 3-5, and 6-8 ***||$410.00||30|
***Materials: https://www.wardsci.com/store/product/8881798/nasa-beginning-engineering-science-and-technology-best-students-kit (or you can curate and price out the materials yourself)