Would you like to build drones with your students, study the stars, 3D print prototypes, incorporate STEM into reading class, study the effects of pollution in your local stream, explore the science of flight, graph rocket trajectories, create a makerspace, start a robotics program…or do something else totally amazing with your students? With the Flight Night Science of Flight Classroom grant you can! This grant is designed to provide classroom materials to support STEM programming. This is your opportunity to write your own STEM proposal and get creative!
– Must be an Oklahoma Certified Teacher with at least two years of teaching experience
– Be actively employed by the school district for the duration of the grant period
– Currently teach in PreK-12th grade
– Intend to teach in Oklahoma for the next academic year and remain in the teaching profession for at least 3 years
The average award is $1,000 and priority is given to flight-related programming (although other STEM projects that do not specifically relate to flight will also be considered).
Please email email@example.com with questions.
- Applications Open: May 23, 2022
- Applications Close: 11:55 p.m. on Nov. 1, 2022
- Describe in detail how you will implement these materials/kit?
- Number of students served through use of these materials?
- How will the equipment funded through this grant be used to reach students who are currently not being reached in your community?
- How will funding through this grant be used to inspire and engage students in thinking about flight and aerospace?
- What community partners and resources will be included in this initiative? How will these partners contribute to the project?
- How are you measuring the impact of the initiative on your students?
- How will you sustain this initiative beyond this grant?
- Please upload a letter of support from an administrator.
- Please upload a supply budget including the material source and budget narrative.
Flight Kit Options:
Below are samples of flight-related materials and curriculum you might consider utilizing. You are not restricted to these items and may write a grant for other materials not listed below.
|Kit||Approximate Cost||Students Served/Kit|
|Engineering is Elementary: Marvelous Machines||$630.00||30|
|Engineering is Elementary: Designing Hand Pollinators||$325.00||30|
|Engineering is Elementary: A Long Way Down: Designing Parachutes||$360.00||30|
|Germs in Space DreamKit||$560.00||30|
|NASA’s BEST Students (Beginning Engineering, Science, and Technology) for grades K-2, 3-5, and 6-8 ***||$410.00||30|
***Materials: https://www.wardsci.com/store/product/8881798/nasa-beginning-engineering-science-and-technology-best-students-kit (or you can curate and price out the materials yourself)