National American Indian Science & Engineering Fair
The 2019 NAISEF will be both an in-person and virtual science fair held at Oklahoma State University on April 6, 2019! NAISEF is affiliated with the Society for Science and the Public and operates by the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) rules.
American Indian, Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian (AI/AN/NH) students in 5th to 12th grade can participate in one of two divisions:
- Junior Divison: grades 5-8
- Senior Division: grades 9-12
AISES will award cash prizes to the winners of each division. Additionally, the Grand Award winner for the Senior Division will receive a chance to participate in the ISEF from May 12-17, 2019 in Phoenix, AZ. Travel and registration will be paid by AISES.
- 5th to 12th grade students, who have not reached age 20 on or before May 1
- MUST be AISES members
- Projects may be submitted by individual students or teams of up to three students
- At least one team member must be AI/AN/NH
- Project must cover research done over a maximum, continuous 12-month period between January and May
- Each participant (whether an individual or team) must have one adult sponsor (either a parent, teacher, or mentor)