- This event has passed.
Flight Night Science of Flight Classroom Grant Deadline
November 1, 2019
The Tulsa Regional STEM Alliance and Flight Night are honored to announce the Science of Flight Classroom Grant for Oklahoma STEM Educators.
Application opens April 1
- Grant must be used to purchase supplies to support STEM experiences in the classroom
- All applicants must be an Oklahoma Certified Teacher on or before August 1, 2018
- Must intend to remain in the education profession for at least three years
- Currently teach in PreK-12th grade and have taught for at least 2 years
- Must demonstrate excellence in STEM education through curriculum development, student work and letters of support
If you are applying for a drone kit, please use the Flight Night Drone Kit Grant application.
Funds awarded will not exceed $1,000. Applications that exceed this budget, will not be considered.
November 1, 2019
Applicants will be notified by December 6, 2019.
- Describe in detail how you will implement these materials/kit?
- Number of students served through use of these materials?
- How will the equipment funded through this grant be used to reach students who are currently not being reached in your community?
- How will funding through this grant be used to inspire and engage students in thinking about flight and aerospace?
- What community partners and resources will be included in this initiative? How will these partners contribute to the project?
- How will student impact of the equipment be measured?
- How are you measuring the impact of the initiative on your students?
- Please upload a supply budget including the material source and budget narrative.
Flight Kit Options:
Below are samples of flight-related materials and curriculum you might consider utilizing. You are not restricted to these items and may write a grant for other materials not listed below.
|Kit||Approximate Cost||Students Served/Kit|
|Engineering is Elementary: Marvelous Machines||$630.00||30|
|Engineering is Elementary: Designing Hand Pollinators||$325.00||30|
|Engineering is Elementary: A Long Way Down: Designing Parachutes||$360.00||30|
|Germs in Space DreamKit||$560.00||30|
|NASA’s BEST Students (Beginning Engineering, Science, and Technology) for grades K-2, 3-5, and 6-8 ***||$410.00||30|
|Well, That’s Fun! Air & Space (grades 4-8)||$0 (initial kit is free, may need to purchase refill materials. This curriculum could be combined with other materials or activities in a flight-themed unit.)||30|
***Materials: https://www.wardsci.com/store/product/8881798/nasa-beginning-engineering-science-and-technology-best-students-kit (or you can curate and price out the materials yourself)