- This event has passed.
Engineering and Design with CNC Milling
June 10 - June 14
Fab Lab Tulsa is excited to extend an invitation to math, science and art teachers to join us this summer for a week of hands-on professional development. Learn about how we use the Engineering Design Process and problem-solving to encourage student learning, as well as how to integrate those tools into your curriculum and classroom instruction.
Our experience shows the inquiry-based approach to learning – where you combine practical curriculum with technological tools and engineering processes, enhancing the problem-solving and critical thinking skills of your students. This is crucial in preparing them for tomorrow’s workforce and their own livelihood, where they will need the ability to utilize technology as they innovate and invent new solutions.
During the course, you will experience the first-hand Engineering Design Process, the broad role of technology in our lives, how to use 2D design software, and methods to integrate Fab Lab Tulsa’s problem-based learning opportunities into your classroom. Join us to explore science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) in a new and exciting way.
To participate, you must:
- Teach at the elementary, middle or high school level, after school program or youth organization
- Submit a completed application by March 19, 2018
- Be able to attend all classes
- Be responsible for transportation to and from Fab Lab Tulsa
Upon completion of the program, each teacher will receive:
- Stipend of $50 per day
- 1 year Standard Membership to Fab Lab Tulsa
- 20 hours of CEC (Continuing Education Credits)
Workshop times and dates:
- Engineering and Design with CNC Milling: June 10th to 14th , 9am-1pm
- Engineering and Design with Laser Cutting: July 15th to 19th, 9am-1pm