Professional Development Opportunity from the Biotechnology Department faculty and student led under direction of Dr. Diana Spencer
Who: Middle School and High School STEM Teachers
When: Monday, July 27, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Where: Tulsa Community College – Southeast Campus, 10300 East 81st Street Tulsa, Oklahoma 74133
- Teachers will receive $75 Stipend
- 20 spots available
- Teachers will load Kool aid in a gel
- Educators will learn about restriction enzymes and load “cut” DNA in a gel to run with gel electrophoresis.
- Faculty will learn about biotechnology enzymes in the lab and will make cheese.
- Teachers will extract DNA from strawberries.
- Teachers will do a paper/scissors simulation of a vector with target DNA ligation (process previous to DNA transformation)
Register by July 1: Email your name, summer email address, and school to Michelle Moore, email@example.com or call 918-863-8707.
Sponsored by Williams and the Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation.