Students at the Back-to-School STEM Expo are invited to join the Tulsa State Fair Kinetic Sculpture Contest to display their creative and technical skills.
- 1st Place – $300 for classroom
- 2nd Place – $200 for classroom
- 3rd Place – $100 for classroom
Students must take apart a timing device (i.e. watch, egg timer, hourglass, sundial, calendar, wall clock, metronome) in order to obtain the materials for their sculpture.
Scholarships available for Materials. Please request supplies from the STEM Shoppe for free resources.
- Students must display sculptures on a foam board smaller than 2′ x 3′.
- Sculptures must be less than 36″ tall.
- Use of recycled materials
- Adherence to “It’s Go Time” theme
- Reliability of movement
- Sturdiness of design