Mentorship and Volunteer Program Manager
The Tulsa Regional STEM Alliance (TRSA) connects the dots around Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) education in northeastern Oklahoma. TRSA is focused on providing broad, deep and innovative pathways for students to pursue high impact STEM careers. As a backbone organization, TRSA serves the STEM ecosystem through their goals of the 4 C’s: Collaboration, Cultivation, Communication and Calculation.
The Tulsa Regional STEM Alliance works as a catalyst to create a collaborative ecosystem that encourages business/industry and the education community to produce innovative pathways resulting in a highly skilled STEM workforce able to drive economic prosperity while meeting the needs of a globally competitive Tulsa region. The purpose of the TRSA is an intermediary organization that is flexible and inclusive enough to welcome everyone yet includes sufficient structure and organizational support to facilitate and coordinate the work that needs to be done.
The Mentorship and Volunteer Program Manager (MVPM) is a part of a growing team to improve STEM education in the Tulsa region. Under direction of the Program Director, the MVPM supports STEM events and programs through volunteer recruitment and management, while overseeing TRSA mentoring programs. This position will be front facing in our effort to support the STEM community through volunteer outreach, partnership facilitation, and championing mentorship.
- Management of mentorship programs
- Site facilitation of programs
- Data collection and advocate
- Partner and Outreach Relations
- Volunteer recruitment and outreach
- Volunteer communication
- Support Harvard PEAR evaluation
- Main point of contact for US2020
- Other duties as assigned
- Passion for volunteerism and mentoring
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Knowledge and understanding of the current STEM education landscape
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong team support, organizational, project management and time management skills
- Commitment to working within a team environment
- Flexibility to thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Consensus-building and conflict resolution skills
- Professional Attitude and Workplace Demeanor
- Proficiency with Google
- Valid Driver’s Licence and reliable transportation
- Some travel required, both local and national
- Some nights and weekends required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field
- Previous industry experience in a STEM-related field
- 2+ years experience with volunteer management or volunteer programs
- This is a full-time salaried position
- Benefits package that includes health insurance, dental, 401k, life insurance, and generous paid time off.