Hidden figures are people who have made a lasting impact but whose stories have gone unsung.
Give voice to the story of a hidden figure with ties to Oklahoma whose work in STEM has had a far reaching impact.
You may enter the writing contest if you are a K-12 student in northeastern Oklahoma.
ENTRY PERIOD ENDS MARCH 31
- Do NOT put your name anywhere on your manuscript. That information should ONLY be on the entry form.
- Upward word limit: 500 words
- Only one entry per person
- You must enter into the category for your current grade level.
- Manuscripts that are illegible, single-spaced or that otherwise don’t meet the following requirements will not be judged.
- Double-space and TYPE or PRINT LEGIBLY in black or blue ink on 8 1/2″ by 11″ (standard) paper.
- Do not use lined notebook paper.
- Include title and page number in the upper right-hand corner of EVERY page.
- A completed and signed entry from MUST accompany each entry.
All entries are judged on the basis of content, originality, quality of expression, and fully responding to the prompt.
Judges’ decisions are final. Judges do not critique entries. All entries are anonymous when given to the judges.
- Do you personally know someone working in a STEM field who’s making an impact in his or her community? How are they doing so?
- What are some recent advancements in STEM?
- Who contributed?
- Why are their contributions significant?