- Increase their algebra and geometry content and conceptual knowledge.
- Practice exemplary instructional strategies and reflect on their pedagogy.
- Analyze curricular and assessment choices that increase student learning aligned with appropriate standards.
- Share best practices and resources collaboratively with other project participants
- Improve their leadership skills to effect coherent mathematics education.
In addition to valuable mathematics educational resources, teachers will receive stipends for workshop participation, completion of reflections, and sharing of learned practices with colleagues. Housing is available on a limited basis.
This grant is funded by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education—Improving Teacher Quality, Elementary and Secondary Education Act