- This event has passed.
SENSEsational Science – Tulsa
June 4 - June 15
SENSEsational Science Tulsa
Spend your summer getting paid to visit some of the most exciting attractions and nature areas in Tulsa! You will make friends with fellow teachers excited to learn new ways to engage students in STEAM while meeting academic standards.
The best part, you do not need to be a science teacher to attend! Actually, we encourage teachers from all content areas to apply. This workshop focuses on building community relationships while encouraging STEAM in the classroom.
Workshops run weekdays from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, and lunches are provided for all participants.
- By the end of the workshop, all teachers must develop a lesson plan they can implement the following school year.
- All teachers must participate in 2 Saturday follow-up programs. (Information regarding follow up days will be distributed on the first day of the workshop.)
- Each teacher will work towards a common goal of developing and distributing applications for their students to extend lessons and integrate science, math and reading.
- There will be outdoor sessions and moderate physical activity, including walking on uneven terrain.
To participate you must:
- Hold a current Oklahoma Teaching Certification
- Teach at the elementary or middle school level
- Submit completed application by March 1, 2017
- Be able to attend all classes at all sites
- Be responsible for you transportation to and from all workshop locations
Submission of an application does not guarantee a spot in the workshop. You will be notified of acceptance by mail.
Upon completion of the program, each teacher will receive:
- If desired, 3 Graduate Credits from the University of Tulsa
- Stipend upon completion of workshop deliverables
- Personal iPad Mini for classroom use plus training on how to use it
- The opportunity to build lasting relationships with Tulsa and Lawton community partners