- This event has passed.
Interdisciplinary Research Experience Deadline
for Undergraduates Interested in Materials Science and Engineering
Application Deadline: Feb. 16, 2018
Applications are now open for the 2018 OSU-Tulsa Research Experience for Undergraduates, a materials science and engineering program designed to provide an understanding of how research moves from an idea in the laboratory to commercialization. Participants will engage in cutting-edge research in materials processing, testing and characterization for interdisciplinary applications in energy storage, energy generation, biomaterials, combustion and aerospace.
This nine-week program offers scholars extensive experience in materials science and engineering experience. Scholars will be introduced to entrepreneurship and commercialization to transitioning research from the lab to the real world.
Some of the highlights of the program include:
- Participation in a live telecast of the two-day national workshop on Advanced Materials Characterization offered by the Materials Research Laboratory at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Seminars and discussions on entrepreneurial routes to commercializing research in partnership with the OSU School of Entrepreneurship
- Professional development programs in communications skills
- Career information sessions and graduate school preparation
- Opportunities to interact with Tulsa-area industry partners engaged in materials research
- State-of-the-art instrumentation, cleanroom, characterization and materials processing facilities
Fellows receive a stipend of $500 per week for the duration of the program. Housing and travel to the Helmerich Research Center at OSU-Tulsa are provided.