- This event has passed.
Electrical Engineering Summer Academy
June 26 at 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
The Summer Engineering Academy at The University of Tulsa for Precollege Students is scheduled for June 26 – 30, 2017, and is for students interested in careers in electrical and mechanical engineering.
This cost free, day-only, commuter academy, allows students to experience engineering through hands-on design projects, seminars, industry professional interaction, and an integrated project related to traffic crash reconstruction.
The faculty of the Academy includes professors from the Electrical and Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Education Departments at TU and local high school teachers.
- Students entering grades 8 through 11 in the fall of 2017 can apply.
- Teacher training will occur the week prior to the Academy.
- Commuter Academy: Students are dropped off between 8 a.m. and 8:30 a.m., students are picked up about 4:30 p.m.
- The application forms must be submitted by April 21 to be considered for the Academy. Forms received after that date will be put on a waiting list in the order they are received.
- Application forms are available online or by contacting the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department Assistant, Marla Zumwalt at email@example.com or 918-631-3270.
- Sponsored by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education, so there is no cost for the student to attend the Academy.
- A closing program open to family and friends is held on the afternoon of June 30.