Location ChangeThe Cardboard and Duct Tape Regatta will no longer be at the Jenks Aquatics Center. Please join us at Miller Swim School for this exciting event.
Once again the Tulsa Regional STEM Alliance will host the Cardboard Duct Tape and Boat Regatta. It will be held at Miller Swim School on March 24, 2017! Elementary, middle, and high school students will build a boat using only cardboard and duct tape. The boat must be capable of holding at least one person (the captain), who will pilot their boat across the length of the pool. Boats will be judged in 4 categories: Speed, Aesthetics, Historical Merit, and Technical construction. Awards will be given at the elementary, middle and high school level.
Friday, March 24, 12:30 – 2 pm
Miller Swim School
6415 S Mingo Rd
Tulsa, OK 74133
- Students are required to bring a life preserver.
- There is not a limit to the size of teams.
- Boats and all propulsion devices may only be made of cardboard and duct tape!
- One of the builders of the boat must travel inside the boat and navigate the course.
- Prizes will be awarded for the following categories: Speed, Aesthetics, Historical Merit, and Technical construction.
- The Technical contest will be judged on which boat most represents the USS Tulsa ship that is about to be launched. Please read more about that here.